To develop effective leaders committed to using diversity and creativity for the betterment of the community. Leadership Evansville, through its staff and volunteers, teaches people to identify their passion for community improvement, to make a commitment to create a better community, and to take responsibility for making sustainable changes.
These attitudes, skills, and processes are taught to adults, youth, organizations, not-for-profits, businesses, educational institutions, neighborhood associations, churches, and other leadership programs.
The Vision of Leadership Evansville remains timely over the years because LE continues to transform as we discover new ways to build and sustain communities.
Founded in 1976 by a group of future-thinking local leaders, LE’s original commitment to community-wide betterment remains unique and strong.
- Brings together people with different talents, gifts, and perspectives
- Transforms these individuals into leaders who embrace the concept of community trusteeship and the collaborative process
- Develops in them an understanding of how today’s leaders function, and teaches them the skills to apply this knowledge
- Teaches effective processes, especially visioning a preferred future, consensus decision-making, and collaboration
- Provides real life opportunities to use their knowledge, skills, and processes through practice and performance
EVANSVILLE, IND. - Leadership Evansville (LE) invites community to the 23rd Celebration of Leadership (COL) Awards ceremony, an annual event that spotlights local leaders and organizations for their community contributions. The event takes place on Thursday, March 15,...
Leadership Evansville Received Excellence in Innovation Award from the Association of Leadership Programs
Leadership Evansville today announced that it has received the Excellence in Innovation Award from the Association of Leadership Programs (ALP) for its VOICE community visioning and change initiative.
22nd Annual Celebration of Leadership Awards Highlights Evansville Community’s Most Inspiring Servant Leaders
1,400+ participate to cheer on those making positive community impact
50 awards recognize contributions of diverse people, projects & organizations